we are four queer and trans kids living in a punk house called the void that’s on the brink of facing possible eviction. multiple forces have combined (people being forced out by the landlady because of a pet, others moving out, others just not having the funds they expected) that leaves us about $1,000 short on rent for october. all of us are calling in our favors, but even with that we still may come up short. finding new housemates is not an option as we are all trying to move out in november.
we all have mental illnesses, some severe enough that prevent us from working, and others have been looking for jobs despite this but with no luck. being unhoused would put severely aggravate our already unstable mental health situations for all of us. i don’t think any of us imaged we’d ever be asking tumblr for money, but our housing instability has been pushed to the point where we don’t know what else to do.
after looking into tenants rights and eviction laws in maryland, it seems that if we don’t pay rent in full on time we could be forcibly removed in a matter of weeks, which would leave most, if not all of us without a place to go.
so that’s where we’re at, seriously any amount, no matter how small would be so greatly appreciated. please send donations to raven’s paypal at firstname.lastname@example.org
a show is only as good as its filler episodes
and avatar: the last airbender was on a whole other level
this was what a filler episode SHOULD be, it may not have furthered the plot, but it did highlight the characters and deepen our understanding of them
…just in case you forgot #WakeUp #GoodMorning
If you read the report from “Operation Ghetto Storm” it’s actually a black PERSON not a black MAN that is killed every 28 hours. That means that black women (and non gender binary folks) are also included in that statistic. Can we please stop pretending like black women’s bodies especially aren’t also criminalized and that they aren’t also subject to vigilante antiblack violence. The Renisha McBride case literally just ended and the media is still criminalizing her body.
A Little Girl’s Poem (Poem of 9-11)
Her hair was up in a ponytail
Her favorite dress tied with a b ow.
Today was Daddy’s Day at school,
And she couldn’t wait to go.
But her mommy tried to tell her,
That she probably should stay home.
Why the kids might not understand,
If she went to school alone.
But she was not afraid;
She knew just what to say.
What to tell her classmates
Of why he wasn’t there today.
But still her mother worried,
For her to face this day alone.
And that was why once again,
She tried to keep her daughter home.
But the little girl went to school,
Eager to tell them all.
About a dad she never see
A dad who never calls.
There were daddies along the wall in back,
For everyone to meet.
Children squirming impatiently,
Anxious in their seats.
One by one the teacher called,
A student from the class.
To introduce their daddy,
As seconds slowly passed.
At last the teacher called her name,
Every child turned to stare.
Each of them was searching,
For a man who wasn’t there.
“Where’s her daddy at?”
She heard a boy call out.
“She probably doesn’t have one,”
Another student dared to shout.
And from somewhere near the back,
She heard a daddy say,
“Looks like another deadbeat dad,
Too busy to waste his day.”
The words did not offend her,
As she smiled up at her Mom.
And looked back at her teacher,
Who told her to go on.
And with hands behind her back,
Slowly she began to speak.
And out from the mouth of a child,
Came words incredibly unique.
“My Daddy couldn’t be here,
Because he lives so far away.
But I know he wishes he could be,
Since this is such a special day.
And though you cannot meet h im,
I wanted you to know.
All about my daddy,
And how much he loves me so.
He loved to tell me stories
He taught me to ride my bike.
He surprised me with pink roses,
And taught me to fly a kite.
We used to share fudge sundaes,
And ice cream in a cone.
And though you cannot see him,
I’m not standing here alone.
“Cause my daddy’s always with me,
Even though we are apart
I know because he told me,
He’ll forever be in my heart”
With that, her little hand reached up,
And lay across her chest.
Feeling her own heartbeat,
Beneath her favorite dress.
And from somewhere in the crowd of dads,
Her mother stood in tears.
Proudly watching her daughter,
Who was wise beyond her years.
For she stood up for the love
Of a man not in her life.
Doing what was best for her,
Doing what was right.
And when she dropped her hand back down,
Staring straight into the crowd.
She finished with a voice so soft,
But its message clear and loud.
“I love my daddy very much,
He’s my shining star.
And if he could, he’d be here,
But heaven’s just too far.
You see he was a fireman
And died just this past year
When airplanes hit the towers
And taught Americans to fear.
But sometimes when I close my eyes,
It’s like he never went away.
And then she closed her eyes,
And saw him there that day.
And to her mother’s amazement,
She witnessed with surprise.
A room full of daddies and children,
All starting to close their eyes.
Who knows what they saw before them,
Who knows what they felt inside.
Perhaps for merely a second,
They saw him at her side.
“I know you’re with me Daddy,”
To the silence she called out.
And what happened next made believers,
Of those once filled with doubt.
Not one in that room could explain it,
For each of their eyes had been closed.
But there on the desk beside her,
Was a fragrant long-stemmed pink rose.
And a child was blessed, if only for a moment,
By the love of her shining bright star.
And given the gift of believing,
That heaven is never too far
••GUYS PLEASE REBLOG AND SHARE THIS POEM! A LITTLE GIRL WROTE SUCH A TOUCHING POEM AND IT NEEDS TO E SHARE WITH THOSE WHO CARE ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO DIED IN 9/11. WE HAVE TO REMEMBER THOSE WHO DIED AND THOSE WHO LOST THEIR LOVE ONES ON SEPTEMBER 11,2001! REBLOG PLEASE!••
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)
after reblogging this i opened up a card my great aunt gave me it has money in itIt could be a complete coincidence but I reblogged this yesterday and toda I fouund $40 at the fruit maket
I shit out thousands of dollars in pennies right now I am shitting out pennies this is happening why please help me
THANKS FOR ASKING, ANON! I want to talk about this forever.
Earlier this summer, some fans decided to start the Bandana Project — asking concert attendees to wear bandanas representing their favorite members of One Direction.
It’s unclear how successful/widespread it was — it definitely came across my dash weeks ago, but a lot of people have said that they never saw it before the recent chatter about it. But that’s not actually important.
Slightly more important but still not the main point: Harry wore a blue bandana during the August 22nd show.
Basically, were he participating in the Bandana Project, he would be declaring that Louis is his favorite member of 1D.
Fans made a connection between the bandana project and Harry’s blue bandana, and started speculating in earnest about whether it’s possible that he would have known about the project. Lots of people concluded probably not and that it was just a cute coincidence.
But then! WHAT IS REALLY IMPORTANT: Even after the fandom started talking about Harry wearing the blue bandana, he kept wearing it.
And then even after the fandom started talking even more loudly about Harry wearing it AFTER fandom discussion of it, he still kept wearing it.
He’s still wearing it. He wore it last night.
There is no fucking way that Harry doesn’t know about all the bandana speculation at this point. So either: 1) he doesn’t care if we think that he’s out there proclaiming with a blue bandana that Louis is his favorite, or 2) he IS out there proclaiming with a blue bandana that Louis is his favorite.
Or both. I’m going with both.
I said above that whether or not Harry knew about the Bandana Project before the first time he wore a blue bandana is not important, and that remains true. The fact that he’s continued to wear a blue bandana many times despite a lot of fandom discussion about it is what’s really important.
BUT I’ve learned a few things in the last couple of days (mostly thanks to Sara, one of the Bandana Project founders) that lead me to believe that Harry most likely DID know about the project before the FIRST time he wore a bandana himself. What I’ve learned is below the cut.
Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
☑ Minority with mental disorder murdered by police
☑ No less than eighty bullets fired = excessive force ++
☑ Shot so many times in the face, he had no face
☑ At least six days have passed since this happened
☑ Almost no media coverage and no national outrage
Oh wait, he wasn’t black. No riot for you, friend.
Yall and your ignorant ass comments.
But im sure your petty ass did it for arousal out of Black folks…typical
You people tend to forget that until folks bring awareness to this story, there would not be a national outrage. It is not up to Black folks to search each and every database regarding police shootings in the US. You want coverage? You need to get off your sorry ass, spread the news around your self and stfu whining cuz folks aint go hard ass for a case that they are not familiar with. Bring awareness to the situation and we will be happy to join in on the cause. But that condescending bullshit aint goin
but looking at the tags “
I see you are a piece of shit anyways
I actually just found out about this story via A POPULAR BLACK BLOG fyi
one of the more subtle forms of racism is the putting on black people the burden of being the voice for all those who would suffer abuse. we see this when it comes to the gay rights movement, the trans movement, we saw this when it was about getting women in to golf clubs, we see this when it’s the disabled… black people are supposed to be the leaders in the fight against all oppression and abuses in society. we are asked to be perpetual sources of inspiration, forgiveness and social justice. we are asked to give over our heroes to their causes, our songs to their causes, our chants to their causes, our voices to their causes, our bodies to their causes, our time to their causes and, if they ask for it, our lives to their causes. all the while with their second face, they’ll mock us, belittle us, steal from us, antagonize us and oppress us. it’s the whole “noble savage” stereotype.
those who would constantly call on us to lead their charge could, as the user above stated, “get off your sorry ass, spread the news around yourself.” if you’re so passionate about this, put yourself on the line. get your people together to fight this. stand up for your rights, your neighborhood, your brethren, your sisters, your causes and, if we agree with it, we will join however you must lead your own fights. you must lead your troops into battle. black people have their own lives, concerns, issues and battles to fight. it’s not our job to sit by the police radio and listen for any news of injustice, rally up all the other black folks and get to marching for hispanic causes, asian causes, white causes or etc. we’ll join if we see agreement with cause and your fight but when your turn to march and riot, don’t pass the buck to us.
however if you’re not wiling to fight at all, then truly shut the fuck up.
some great points, except for the exclusion that’s happening. “black causes” and “the gay rights movement, the trans movement,” the disabled, and women are not mutually exclusive. black people fall into all of those groups and are treated even more like shit when they happen to meet any of those statuses in addition to being black.
However what I got from his comment was that he was saying when it comes to rights and movements, it’s usually geared towards Gay White individuals, White Trans individuals, White Women etc who seek support from the Black community. They often use our history and our bodies to advance their movements whilst excluding Black individuals within those groups
The Black Gay community, the Black Transgender Community, Black Disabled community and the Black women are heavily excluded from these groups
Yes. Let’s also not forget that Prop 8 was blamed on Black people, when Black people didn’t have the political capital to push that anti-gay legislature through, white people did, however who bore the brunt of responsibility? Black people.
As for the OP, tagging things as “sjw” or “anti- sjw” is akin to aligning yourself with naziism. In every single big name anti sjw post, you can find nazi’s behind it.
Likeeeee fuck you OP?
People who do this remind me of MRAs who say “men are raped too”.
Like their attempt to make it seem like they care is very disingenuous Because if you did, you wouldnt bring up this case in RESPONSE to something else. You would bring it up on its own, not trying to make it about sex or race at all.
Like if you really cared about white people or other races getting brutalized by the police, you would mention that on its own, let it have its own space. Not as a part of a way to say “Black people are racist, and hypocritical!”. Just like if you u really cared about men getting raped you have it in it’s own space rather that “men are raped too! and feminists should care more!”
villains who switch sides due to personal convictions and not because they fell in love with a hero
villains who fall in love with a hero but refuse to switch sides due to personal convictions
villains who have feelings for heroes but aren’t willing to just ditch their life and everything they’ve worked for
sympathetic villains with goals and motivations other than heroic bonkybits
Eyyyy ok, Giveaway time for this guy. I want to keep him but I really shouldn’t be making more plushies.
He’s made of cuddle fleece, has vinyl scales and adjustable wings. I’m not taking commissions for this guy right now, so this is probably your only chance to get a plush like this from me. (unless you’re willing to pay a lot of money ahaaahahahah but really)
-Like and reblogs
-If INTL winner, must be able to pay a shipping fee
-Winner will be contacted via ask box
-Don’t have to follow me to win
-Giveaway ends Sept. 30th at 11PM EST